Re: Re-partitioning failing...

Jeff (jcoppock1@attbi.com) had this to say on 12/24/02 at 01:47:
> Mike Leone, 2002-Dec-23 21:55 -0500:
> > Jeff (jcoppock1@attbi.com) had this to say on 12/23/02 at 10:46:
> >
> > > I recommend converting the NTFS to FAT32.  I believe you can do this
> > > with built-in tools on WinXP.  This will give you a much better
> >
> > No, it only converts the other way - FAT32 to NTFS.
>
> Crud!  I must have been thinking of converting FAT to FAT32.  If it's
> possible to reinstall, then you could use FAT32.  I wonder if there's
> any tool that can convert NTFS to FAT32...I just did some quick
> googling and I see several statements saying that you can't convert
> NTFS to FAT, only the other way.  So, I'm guessing that's what Mike
> means, eh?

Right; the convert tool in Windows is one-way - from FAT/FAT32 (either one,
I believe) to NTFS. I don't think even Partition Magic converts back the
other way.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348