Re: Compaq Presario 725

On 20020810T210838+0200, Juan Manuel García Molina wrote:
> I'm planning to buy a Compaq Presario 725 (in Spain), and, of course, I'd like
> to install Debian on it.
>
> Does any of you own such a machine?

I have Presario 714EA, it's of the same series.

> Do I need to know any info regarding this model?

>From my experience, and from the experience of others (see the link
someone else already posted), you could get a better laptop, but it's
not a catastrophe.  You'll probably need the latest 2.4 kernel to get
sound working, and ACPI is going to give problems.  Network works,
and woody installs without a problem.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, LuK (BSc)    * http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ * gaia@iki.fi