Re: Digital camera

I used to have a Nikon Coolpix 950 (it got stolen...), which used
CompactFlash and trasfered photos via a serial connection using gPhoto
flawlessly. This method was SLOOOW - about 10k/sec, with a 128MB
card. I bough a SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-31 CompactFlash card reader,
which using the usb-storage driver in the kernel makes any CF card
look like a SCSI hard drive. Much faster.

In short: Don't worry too much about which CF camera you get - if
worst comes to worst, you can get a CF card reader for < $30
nowadays...

-Paul Paradise