From: Jeremy Avnet [mailto:mlist-debian@theory.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 6:38 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: FTP/HTTP install using tulip_cb

> My laptop is using a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Integrated CardBus PC Card,
> which is supported by module tulip_cb.  The trouble is, the installer

A bit of warning: I have had nothing but trouble with those cards. I
have tried two and both have given me troubles. Lots of errors and
timeouts and the like. One eventually became completely useless, and I
may just chalk that one up as a defective item. But the second one
(actually a D-Link DFE-680TXD, but it has the same chipset) is also
giving me problems. Good luck.

> doesn't have that module on the list.  I can modprobe it, but since the
> installer didn't do the work, I don't have the appropriate config files,
> network utilities, etc. to get it working.

Once you modprobe in the module, does the network setup option show up
in the configuration list?

Is this potato or woody?

--
jeremy/brainsik :: http://brainsik.to/pubkey.asc