Re: X configuration for Inspiron 4000

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 11:08:24AM +0100, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> Ok, sounds like you don't have a screen defined in your serverlayout
> section. Mine looks like this:

Vivek, it was my fault all the way. Being my minimalistic self
I didnt think that startx with nothing in .xinitrc would lead
the server to terminate immediately. It was actually running
fine. I have now installed a wm and it works fine.

Thanks for your help :)
Alex
--
Alex Suzuki ..:.. asuzuki@bluewin.ch ..:.. http://www.cynox.ch
GEEK code:  GCS d+(-) s a--- C+++ UL P+ L+++ !E  W++ N++ o? K?