APM on Dell Lat. c800

Is having some issues, and before I manage to fsck my install to death,
I figured I ought to see what other poeple think ...

I upgraded to kernel 2.4.5 from 2.2.19 two days ago, for the appropriate
sound modules.  Since then, I've been having problems with APM.

Specifically, while the system will suspend perfectly fine (near as I
can tell) any attempt to wake it up results in a freeze.  I have to pull
the battery in order to restart.

Just to see if it was something in software, I dropped to single user
mode, and removed all modules.   modprobe apm.  hit suspend.  same
thing.

I've tried variations on the compilation for the APM module, nothing
seems to help it.

current .config snippet:

CONFIG_APM=m
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

I've poked around the net for some answers, and about the only thing I
found was a thread on this list about two months ago (Same problem, but
with an Inspiron 7500), which didn't seem to have reached a conclusion
-- at least not one that made the archives ... does anybody have any
ideas?

 - flip
--
//    [pgp] 1024D/02B573F6   		[http] meteu.octoraro.org
"When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct?" -- Larry Wall