Re: Laptop suggestions

i went here...

http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

and followed the instructions in the package.  which amounts to running 3
scripts.  now to get  pppconfig to not complain...

cd /dev
rm ttyS3
ln -s ttyLTO ttyS3

then it doesn't complain, and you can tell it your modem is there, for
some reason it barfs at seeing /dev/ttyLTO.  but i kept /dev/modem
pointing to ttyLTO.

there's a bunch of kernel modules you have to load, so i just made a
script that loads all my ppp and lt modem drivers when i want them.

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net

"When we have nothing left to give