Laptop install woes

Greetings,

I am trying to install Potato on my Dell Inspiron laptop.

This is my first time installing Debian on a laptop.  I've installed every other major distro on my Dells with no problem.

The install program for Debian doesn't seem to acknowledge the existance of laptops at all.  The only thing that was configured properly and working was PCMCIA.

I've managed to fix everything except for the mouse.  Can't get it to work no matter what I do.  I scanned through the Debian site but I couldn't find anything in the docs related to laptops.

Is there a site, resource, etc. related to Debian on laptops?

Does anyone have a Dell Inspiron and, if so, how did you get the mouse working?

TIA,

Get free personalized email from GTE at http://www.gtemail.net