Re: an oddity

Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> writes:

> Apologies, I sent an empty message by mistake.
>
> I'll have a look at the
> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/en dashboard and
> figure out if we should omit its generation or decide what to do.

Think there are two issues
a) what (if anything) should be on a page about translation into english
b) whether there are issues in the packages currently listed there

for (a) a simple option is to delete the page: but also it would be nice
to have a clear statement at the top explaining that English is (at
least for now) the 'default' language used by Debian packages, but some
messages (debconf prompts - and manpages?) can be translated into other
languages - and explain how people that speak other languages can help
by translating things from English into that language (or pointing to
some docs on this).

if the page is currently identifying bugs then perhaps keeping some of
the output, but change the intro to explain that the list should be
empty and that anything that appears is a bug in the package --- rather
than things someone needs to translate into english- assuming that is
the case!). and then we should periodically (automatically if possible?)
file bugs and get things fixed. I assume the 'underway' and 'done' are
in this category. Maybe the last isnt needed, unless it has some value
as a list of all packages with debconf prompts?

Happy to help with either, if pointed to codebases etc, assuming that is
helpful?