Vote against pump (was: Vote for pump (was: Re: [debian-knoppix] Call for Software forLinuxTag 2004 DVD))

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: Vote for pump (was: Re: [debian-knoppix] Call for Software
forLinuxTag 2004 DVD)

> i like dhclient better, the only thing pump ever comes up with is
> "operation failed" in the end, with dhclient you can at least see
> quickly that there is a problem

I am fully agreed with this. I have two partitions with Knoppix (sometimes
tree).

One old and one new. Every time when I install new Knoppix, need to lease IP

with WinXP. Quickly restart and boot the new Knoppix. Manually insert the IP

from XP.

base-config (to add bulgarian Debian mirrors)

apt-get update

(apt-get upgrade)

apt-get install dhcpcd

And I am in the business.

I tried pump with many options. Change my Macronix with 3Com. Use mii-tools.

Nothing. No IP. No Internet.

Yavor Atanasov

P.S. May be insert dhcpcd and make new cheatcode or two: pump and dhcpcd

Do not forget :)))))

Thanks to all Knoppix people an especially to you Klaus :)