Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: 3.3 update

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 03:54:22PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>
> > FWIW this last weekend KDE 3.2 appeared in Debian unstable. I had a very
> > smooth upgrade on my Debian unstable desktop machine.
> WARNING: We - the people sitting at Debian-Booth at LinuxTag Chemnitz
>          had to teach several people not to use unstable!  You have
>          to be aware that either your KOffice applications or your KDE
>          will not work because the libraries are currently not in
>          sync.
>
> Just use unstable if and only if you know what your are doing.
> (Well, Dirk - I know you know what you are doing but I do not feel good
>  to advise people to use unstable without any warning.)

Fortunately unstable is pinned in Knoppix.
I had to get galeon from unstable though to install Gnome (which BTW
seems to be far from becoming stable, and might stay in testing for
longer - config tools crashing all day long...), but I'm pretty sure
I know what I'm doing.

Perhaps unstable should be renamed to what sid means (but here people
would complain if files under /scratch disappear... so only a few seem
to use their brains :-( )

Cheers,
 Steffen