Re: [debian-knoppix] Suggestions for knoppix

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:35:12AM +0100, Pedro M. wrote:
> Why do we need propietary software ??.  We could create a FreeCode (GPL)
> version for sure (using XML).

PLEASE DO! I have been looking for a FREE PDF reader and posibly editor
for the open PDF specification for a long time, but xpdf is as far as it
gets, and xpdfs rendering quality is very poor in comparison to
acroread, and it lacks some of acroreads features like slideshow
animations and inclusion of some plugins, web-browsing etc.

Please, if you can, write a good Free PDF viewer and editor and make a
lot of Free Software users very happy.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper