[debian-knoppix] Persistent Home

Hi all- I would like to know what is the maximum size one can make an encrypted persistent home.I am creating this on a fat32 drive,but it appears to max out at 2 gigs. I would like to use it as a container file and burn it to dvd for archiving, thus would like to make it around 4.7 gigs. Thank you for your time. And I too would like to thank Klaus for creating such a tremendous product. And, if there is a paypal account somewhere, I would be pleased to contribute some money for further development.
Yours-Don