Re: [debian-knoppix] Install from hd

Klaus Knopper wrote:
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:28:58PM -0800, R. Dale Thomas wrote:

	Ok, I know I've seen the howto install from iso to hd before, but
I can't seem to find it now.  I've burned the latest KNOPPIX to a CDROM,
but can't get it to boot.  It can't find the cdrom after /linuxrc runs.
An earlier version & a remaster seem ok, but not the full KNOPPIX.  I've
mount the media on another system & verified the md5sums from it, but
still no luck.
	Any ideas?

Broken CD maybe?

The Harddisk installation works with sudo knoppix-installer, but you
need a working CD for this first.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper

	No, the CD was fine, but for some reason as yet undetermined, it
could not be found with several different CDROM drives installed (at
different times, of course - one at a time) on that system. It was resolved
by booting a different CD distro & copying the /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX from the
Knoppix CD to an hd partition and booting from Knoppix boot.img on a floppy.