Kernel 6.1.85-1 breaking CIFS mounts?

Hi,

After updating to the latest kernel 6.1.85-1 I started getting messages like this in the syslog:
kernel: [47578.266579] CIFS: VFS: directory entry name would overflow frame end of buf 000000003012d263

I have several CIFS file shares mounted from my Synology NAS and I noticed that some of the directories are not visible on my Debian server. For example if I rescan my music library which resides on the NAS, I get hundreds of similar messages on syslog.

There is not much information on the internet about this, but I found this
https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/6129-cifs-vfs-directory-entry-name-would-overflow-frame-end-of-buf-r2916/

Looks like unraid did a rollback on their kernel because of this. Is this somehow connected to this:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240123002814.1396804-45-keescook@chromium.org/

Cheers,
Kari