Re: Uploading linux (6.1.25-1)

Hi,

Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org> (2023-04-22):
> Noteworthy is that
> https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/merge_requests/695 the
> regression for Open Firmware framebuffer, #1033058 is *not* yet
> included, as there was no ack upstream on Cyril's proposed patchset.

Just in:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/9f6547e5-ba5d-11bf-3646-2f65b4a6a2ea@gmx.de/

> From d-i/boot point of view I have an IRC ack from Cyril that the
> upload is ok, but potentially the upcoming next d-i release will be
> based on 6.1.20-2 in testing. So next week we might need to decide if
> moving 6.1.25-1 to testing or hold it back for after the d-i release.

Please let me know once you consider 6.1.25-1 ready for migration. Since
we're looking at a release date in June, we have some time to work on
several D-I release candidates if we want to, so we can either hold
linux in unstable a little to publish the d-i RC, or we can hold the RC
a little, let linux into testing, and publish d-i once we've toyed with
the new linux a little more.

(If we were aiming at a release on May 13 as was envisioned for a little
while, I would definitely prioritize getting the d-i RC out ASAP, and
consider linux only after that, though.)

Cheers,