Re: Testing git-debrebase/dgit in the linux git repo

Hi Ben

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 12:15:44AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I thought I was told that team maintenance should be OK.  Did I
> misunderstand?  Am I missing something?

I played with it a little bit in a smaller context.  What I understand
now is that git-debrebase uses the same branch name for trees in
different forms that by definition are not fast-forwardable.  The
documentation is a bit silent about it, or that certain operations just
transform trees in addition to the thing they are supposed to do.

Also I'm completely missing the step to create a final packageable
version of it.  It's burried deep in it and the documentation is again
silent.

It also happily removes commits that are published already and it thinks
are unnecessary, which is kind of a no-no.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Vulcans do not approve of violence.
		-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4