Re: Testing git-debrebase/dgit in the linux git repo

Hello Ben,

On Thu 04 Oct 2018 at 12:15AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> So I can't see how git-debrebase is usable for team-maintained
> packages yet.  A "git pull" that merges is not safe, and a "git pull"
> that rebases is also not safe because **you must use "git debrebase"
> for all rebases.**

Just to be clear about the recommendation to use git-debrebase for all
rebases: the reason for that recommendation is to avoid starting the
debrebase too early.

In cases where you haven't both edited the delta queue or performed a
debrebase, `git pull --rebase` won't start the rebase too early, so it's
fine to use it.

--
Sean Whitton