Re: dkms: Build with an alternative like compiler rather than gcc

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM,  <Mario.Limonciello@dell.com> wrote:
> [...]

[ Removing wrong debian's dkms maintainer list ]

> How exactly does clang get used by kernel build?  It's by setting CC variable right?
> You can try to remove this line to see if it fixes the problem (it should).
> https://github.com/dell/dkms/blob/master/dkms#L3515

I have an own script which uses bindeb-pkg make-target from Linus tree.

OK, that line looks like the culprit.

Anyway, I need a flexible handling when using different compilers - for me.

> The question would be where that variable should be ignored and where it shouldn't.
> Which I believe is an upstream discussion not a Debian discussion.

I agree.

- sed@ -