Re: kernel 2.6.22-2-k7

Thanks but unfortunately I don't know what you mean by that. Could please explain?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:30:17 -0500, Robert Moonen <rmoonen@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

mystified wrote:
When I upgraded my system several weeks ago I went to boot into the new
kernel and got messages like the following:

device /sys/block/sda/sda5/dev no such file or directory
devise /sys/block/sda/sda5/dev seems to be down
/bin/mknod missing operand after 'b'

then it ends with kernel panic not syncing.

I have been updating daily to see if a new kernel was released and as
far as I can tell none has.

Hi Barbara

I had a problem like this on an amd64 booting on a sata drive, it turned
out the solution was to mount the drives using labels, the scsi stack
has had some re-ordering lately, because of the order of recognition of
various devices during the bootup phase.