linux image upgrade overwrites menu.lst

Sirs:

Your latest update package has what I consider a BUG!

Some of us have carefully-crafted /boot/grub/menu.lst files;
mine had 6 entries spread across multiple drives. To just
write over these files TWICE without asking or saving them to
another non-existing extension is WRONG!

Please fix your distribution system to at least ASK if we want our menu.lst
overwritten, ESPECIALLY for something as trivial as a kernel image namechange.

Regards, Glen Buie
-- Webmaster at 4seasonsconsulting dot com