Re: Back to Amarok / building git on buster - built it

On 8/22/19 12:37 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Lars Schimmer - 22.08.19, 11:41:44 CEST:
>>> Last human commit to the master branch was on 28 July
>>> (https://cgit.kde.org/amarok.git/log/). I haven't given up hope yet.
>>
>> Ok, I try the hard way, building it from git source. I am a bit
>> withlout knowledge, but lets try.
>>
>> Curerntly I hang at the MYSQL cmake task:
>> Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>>
>> As buster uses mariadb, which cmake options do I have to enter?
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> (or has anyone a decent guide howto compile amarok git version on
>> debian buster  ?)
>
> You may like to ask on the Amarok upstream mailing list.
>
> https://amarok.kde.org/en/support

> Would be interested in your findings, i.e. whether it works at all. As
> far as I saw Laurent put some KDE 4 => 5 migration code into Amarok.

Ok, I did built amarok git 22.08.2019 on debian buster.
It starts, it shows my collection, it shows my playlist and it plays
music as expected.
So far job done (as a start).

(no wiki, no lyrics, but hey, it plays music).

One note: it runs only from the directory it was built within.
Even after a make install (which ruins the instlled debian package,
although I did issue a -DDBUS_INTERFACES_INSTALL_DIR=/home/user option)
it runs only from withing the build/bin directory.

If I run from a different directory, I get a:
amarok: symbol lookup error: amarok: undefined symbol:
_ZN3App17activateRequestedERK11QStringListRK7QString

(I did installed a lot of dev packages for QT, and cmake call do shows
lots of warnings, but make did run through).

One point though:
after build is done, you can run amarok from the build/bin directory,
but it shows no start/stop icon, no text in playlist.
Only after the make install it shows them.
But the make install did ruin the debian package installation (did copy
over, to bad), no way back for me^^

I will test more now.

A about amarok shows:

Amarok
Version 2.9.70
Using KDE Frameworks 5.54.0

*g*

> Thanks

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723