Re: KDEPIM 17.08: The whole thing works

Hey,

> I find using aptitude easier for upgrades.
> I just choose some major package like kdepim or kontact or kmail for upgrade
> and then jump over broken packages with "b" until everything is ok, then
> press "g" for list of upgraded and not upgaded packages and skim thru not
> upgraded for any forgoten packages.

that sounds like a lot of clicky-clicky :)
apt install -t experimental kontact finds a solution that works. Without
manually to solve broken packages.
Okay finding packages that could/should be updated to is not that easy.

> Btw. is there a plan for newer versions of kdepim?

as always for Debian - it is ready when it is ready - as you see in other mail
thread - pino already started to package 17.08.3 and uploading to unstable.

> I have problem with akonadi-ews , unable to send it's emails, which should
> already be fixed in 17.08.0, but i'm still unable to send emails (I noticed
> it after 4 days, with over 20 work emails in my outgoing folder ...)
> https://github.com/KrissN/akonadi-ews/issues/35

github is not the official channel to communicate with kde software. You
should use bugs.kde.org for this. Just a small subset of KDE developers care
about github...

Best Regards,

hefee