Re: improving the UX with the default KDE installation

If someone is still interested in the topic, here it is the list of
dependencies required by the meta-package *kde-standard* (a dependency of
*task-kde-desktop*) with my suggestions on the right.

kde-standard
  Depends: akregator                    --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: ark
  Depends: dragonplayer                 --> substitute with: vlc
  Depends: gwenview
  Depends: juk                          --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: kaddressbook                 --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: kate                         --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: kcalc
  Depends: kde-plasma-desktop
  Depends: khelpcenter
  Depends: kmail                        --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: knotes                       --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: kopete                       --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: korganizer                   --> change to: Suggests
  Depends: kde-spectacle
  Depends: kwalletmanager
  Depends: okular
  Depends: plasma-dataengines-addons
  Depends: plasma-pa
  Depends: plasma-runners-addons
  Depends: plasma-wallpapers-addons
  Depends: plasma-widgets-addons
  Depends: polkit-kde-agent-1
  Depends: sweeper                      --> change to: Suggests
  Breaks: <kde-minimal>
  Recommends: konq-plugins              --> REMOVE
  Recommends: plasma-nm                 --> change to: Depends
  Suggests: <kde-l10n>
  Suggests: skanlite

Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'm planning to submit a bug report (as
a wishlist item) in the next days to see if the issue can be discussed with
the maintainers and if something can be done in time for the release of
Stretch.

Francesco