Re: Compositing Problem

On 10/27/2016 02:51 AM, Diederik de Haas wrote:
On donderdag 27 oktober 2016 02:38:10 CEST Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Downgrading to Jessie-backports  works, but cause package management
problems. I wonder if backporting  the free driver would work too.

Not likely. It would only work if both nouveau and nvidia had a working driver
and both introduced a bug around the same time which made it not work.
It can happen, but statistically highly unlikely.

The jessie-backports workaround was just to get back to an older known working
driver and apparently ppl found that easier then using snapshot.debian.org.

When you're using testing or sid, I highly recommend getting familiar with
snapshot.debian.org as it allows you to downgrade to any version that was
released to debian.

Yep, Nouveau didn't work, this time it locked up with black and white squiggle lines shaped like lightning bolts. Installed Nvidia-304, downgraded 22 packages and back in business again. This was on a new install.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - Plasma Version 5.8.2 - EXT4 at sda24
Registered Linux User #380263