Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:35:12 PM CEST Volker Groll wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 14:06:14 CEST schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> > On Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:46:55 PM CEST Volker Groll wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I followed Tim's journey through akonadi the last days and reproduced
> > > the steps here with no success. Last night I removed (hopefully) all
> > > stuff
> > > from .config, .local, .kde which seems to me connected to baloo or
> > > akonadi
> > > or any parts of kontact modules.
> > > Then I recreated every mail stuff again => no success, the normal search
> > > above the mai list is working, akonadi search gives either nothing or
> > > stupid results not connected to the search.
> > >
> > > I also throwed 4:4.14 packages with help of deborphan out of my system
> > > but especially libakonadi stuff is at 4:4.14.10-5?
> >
> > Here we talked about Sid/unstable having 16.04.x.
> >
> > $ dpkg -l|egrep 'akonadi|baloo|kdepim'
> >
> > I can't say anything about the 4.14. stuff except that it was working
> > before I went to 16.04.
> >
> > Regards, Tim
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I removed now all 4.14 stuff related to akondi|baloo|kdepim.
> Both digikam and kde-utils (and kde-full!) pulled the old stuff, while
> installing libakonadi-kf5 won't complain, so I thought it is ok.
> Now all akonadi stuff is 4:16.04.x or 16.04.x.
> BTW: what means the leading '4'?

No idea.

> Also agentIndexingVersion=4 in baloorc gives a hint to version 4?

No, it is some internal protocol version.

> Proceedings are of course:
> stop akonadi and baloo, remove search_db, changed baloorc
> initialIndexingDone=false and reboot.
> The hell: No change.
>
> And yes, with 4.14 it worked with minor flaws on display.
>
> There is also more old stuff of kde around, also parts of 15.x
> But I need at least okular.

So, you are on Sid/unstable ?
And you did
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade before ?

okular never stopped working here and I use it quite often.

$ dpkg -l '*okular*'
ii  libokularcore6                  4:15.08.3-1          amd64
libraries for the Okular document viewer
ii  libokularcore7                  4:16.04.2-1          amd64
libraries for the Okular document viewer
ii  okular                          4:16.04.2-1          amd64
universal document viewer
ii  okular-extra-backends           4:16.04.2-1          amd64
additional document format support for Okular

But I guess libokularcore6 is orphaned and could be purged.

What exactly is your problem now ?

Tim