KDE standard browser

Hi,

I'm using Debian/Sid and have all packages more or less up-to-date. Thanks
to the Debian KDE team for their hard work in keeping KDE on Debian up-to-date
and to several volunteers on this list (Martin and others) for providing many
useful information! At the moment I'm quite satisfied with the quality of my
KDE system.

I use two Internet browsers: One browser for doing quick tasks like asking
Google, browsing some repositories News sites. And of course Firefox as
fallback if the web site does complicated things. I don't want to use
Firefox as default browser because it's too heavy and takes a 2-3 seconds
to start up even if the system activity calmed down (8GB RAM, Sandy Bridge,
SSD).

My favourite browser was konqueror. It worked quite well with the WebKit
rendering engine. But the qualitiy did not improve and lately I experienced
hangs under regular conditions. Looking for a new lightweight browser on KDE
I stumbled over QupZilla. AFAIK it uses WebKit and works pretty well. There
are some tiny issues, for example when using QupZilla as standard browser
and clicking on a URL in another application, the new URL is always opened
as new Tab of an existing browser instance -- not what I want.

I wonder if there are other suggestions for a lightweight browser on KDE. I've
seen that konqueror has got some updates but there is no active maintainer.

Frank