Change old kde4 font scaling/sizes after upgrade?

I finally was able to upgrade to the new kde packages in debian, and things
are working pretty decently. Not perfect, but I can live with it :)

Right now I'm having a few HiDPI related issues now that X and KDE seem to
support it much better now. Kmail as a kde4 app has massive fonts even in the
ui, probably due to reading in my old dpi and font sizes from the old kde
install.

Where do I find the right place to change those settings? I've searched around
in my .kde dir a bit and didn't really find much that helped.

Incidentally, I'm also having dpi issues with Chrome. People claim it works,
but it never has for me :( even when I disable it's device scaling, it gets
the fonts wrong (too large again).

For reference, my laptop has a 1080p 15" screen for 148 dpi.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca