Re: iceweasel locking up under KDE, fine under Xfce

Jimmy Johnson wrote on 17/12/15 14:52:

Besides XFCE4 I'm also looking at the "Trinity Desktop" ported to
Debian, currently I have both Jessie and Stretch installed with Trinity,
but I'm taking it slow, it's still a longtime before Stretch goes
finial, but it has been disturbing me with all the auto-stuff that's
being installed and working in the background, but I'm sure there will
be a lot of people who will love their new system, but it just don't
fell like a Debian System to me.

I managed to run KDE another day with iceweasel fine, then the more recent updates stopped it again.

The general symptom is that the iceweasel windows lock up at the stage when multiple windows are being restored. Unless one kills the kdeinit processes, things in the graphical session are locked up until kdm is stopped.

I'm running both machines without systemd/libsystemd0, but would like to get it so that I can have accelerated video playback without tearing (Radeon 3200HD/RS780).

Arthur.