KNotes Crashes On Wheezy

I'm getting occasional (well, twice so far) crashes in Knotes as it starts up
after user login to the desktop.  I would attempt to report this, except that
the Crash Reporting Assistant says the backtrace is not useful due to missing
symbols.

So I'm trying to figure out which debug packages to install to get the symbols
in place.  The Crash Assistant lists 7 different software items for which
symbols are required, the first one being KNotes itself, the others being all
related to Phonon, VLC or sound in general.

There is no -dbg package corresponding to KNotes, but there is one for kdepim,
to which I believe KNotes "belongs".  Can anyone tell me whether kdepim-dbg is
the -dbg package I need, ?  If so, is it normal that an attempt to install it
wants to drag in a bunch of other packages :

  root@workstation:/home/nick# apt-get -s install kdepim-dbg
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
    kdepimlibs-dbg libakonadi-calendar4 libakonadi-notes4
    libkalarmcal2 libkblog4 libkmbox4 libkxmlrpcclient4

I can understand kdepimlibs-dbg, but the rest seems overkill just to analyse
crashes in KNotes.

Cheers,
Nick
--
I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear
holocaust ~~ Bill Hicks