Re: Login failed, server replied: A000003 NO Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded ( mail_max_userip_connections )

Am Sonntag, 10. November 2013, 13:58:49 schrieben Sie:
> Am Sonntag 10.11.2013, 11:20:33 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > Note that it may not be actually a crashing resource, maybe just lots of
> > new connections, would be nice if you can find out whether you akonadi
> > imap resource gets restarted all the time (changing PID quickly) or its
> > just new connection attempt as I could prove.
>
> Wouldn't there be a popup notification for crashed akonadi resources?
> I specifically remember one time when there were no popups but something
> akonadi-related kept downloading a couple hundred KB/s from my university's
> mail server. Re-starting akonadi didn't fix this, but stopping it ended the
> download.
> (And no, that wasn't a huge email/amount of emails being downloaded. In
> fact, there were no new emails.)
>
> OTOH, I've also frequently had the "resource crashed" notification spam fill
> up my screen in 4.10, but haven't seen it in a while.

I am not sure. As described in bug report I saw a hint that akinadi pop
resources crashed. But I don´t know how often.

Maybe its just reconnection attempts.

watch -n1 "ps aux | grep akonadi"

may give information about how PIDs change...

I didn´t do this back then and just watched port numbers changes with the
netstat example I provided in bug report.

Ciao,