Re: Phonon and pulseaudio

Ok, you convinced me. So I am trying pulseaudio again.

Before installing pulseaudio, I was able to see digital as well as
analog outputs for each of my 2 sound cards, now in kmix, I see only
one output device for each  sound card, and it's described as
"analog".
And interestingly enough, it seems to be sending out the same signal
to both analog and digital outputs of the computer, which is nice, but
what if I want to choose the analog for some outputs and the digital
for others?
I have not been able to figure out how to choose those as separate
output channels.

$ lspci | grep audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD
Audio Controller
05:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
[Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)

The built-in intel card actually has 2 digital outputs, one via HDMI
and the other via an optical cable, as well as 5 different analog
outputs (for the 5 channels of surround sound).

How do I get all of my sound devices to be visible again in pulseaudio?

--alan