Re: Modifying the menu for Kids.

Hello All,

Am 01:41 2003-04-19 +0200 hat Antonio G. - Geotronix geschrieben:

>* venerdì 18 aprile 2003, alle 16:48, Rudy scrive:
>>
>> There should be others but this is an example.
>> http://cafecomputer.com/guide/ch-mtdyo.en.html#s-ctmenu
>>
>Yes, but this modifys the system menu's globaly. I want to give each
>user the possibility to modify his own menu's.
>I know all this has something to do with update-menus and having a
>~/.menu folder in the home dir of every user. However this seem to not
>work. Things that I read came form the /usr/doc/menu/html/index.html
>file. But for some reason I keep seeing the system menus every time
>instead of the personlized ones.

I was thinking about a 'mkmenu' script which can called with a parameter

First I like to create a config-file which defines profiles like:

# mkmake.profile

office  <package1> <package2> <package3> <package4> <package5> <package6>
jr-10   <package1> <package2> <package3>
jr-14   <package1> <package2> <package3> <package4>

Then I like to call 'mkmenu' with

mkmenu <profile>

and it will check, if a package specified in the mkmenu.profile is
present in the /var/lib/menu diectory and then it if YES, it will be
added and moved into the ~/.menu folder

It can be done easyly with a BASH-Script

Sorry, but curently I am very sick because a Kidneyfail and can not
work on it, but I like to hear from you

Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.