Request to join Java team

Hi,

I would like to get into packaging of Debian Java applications. This is mainly
to eventually get caas [1] into Debian, which is a useful tool to test XMPP
server compliance.

caas has a few dependencies, the main one being babbler [2]. This in turn
depends on precis [3], which is a very small and simple library, and I figured
a good place to get started. I'd like to start by packaging this simple library
end-to-end, before continuing with some more complicated ones.

If this all sounds ok, I need your help with a couple of things:

* Please may I get approved to join the java team on Salsa? My username is
  matthew-fennell.
* Please may someone also use the script to create "precis" on Salsa, and then
  (ideally) give me access to push to the repository?

Once the package is done, I'll look to raise an RFS to this list. This is my
first Debian package, so it might need more feedback than normal, but I hope
the fact it's a simple library will counteract this :)

Thanks for your time!
Matthew

[1] Bug #959816
[2] https://sco0ter.bitbucket.io/babbler/