Re: Using --ignore in Maven packaging

Hi Emmanuel,

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 5:00 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
I'm not sure to understand, but the root pom should not be ignored, it
has to be installed in the binary package. Otherwise there might be
missing information for other projects depending on this project.

In general, I agree with you. However, the (arguably poorly structured) Google Auto series of packages create only the following in maven-repo from their root POM:

├── maven-repo
│   ├── build-only
│   │   └── build-only
│   │       ├── debian
│   │       │   └── build-only-debian.pom
│   │       └── NO_VERSION
│   │           └── build-only-NO_VERSION.pom

Those two POMs are attached. To me this seems to only add noise and no real value. Thoughts?

-Olek