Re: Update for libcsvjdbc-java

Dear Mechtilde,

Thanks for updating the package. When I did my first Java package I
seem to recall being told by someone that the pkg-java team doesn't
follow the convention of adding +ds or +dfsg to the version string on
the grounds that virtually all Java source packages contain binaries
or other content that needs to be removed, so it is assumed that all
pkg-java packages have been repacked. I've had a quick look in the
policy and the wiki and I can't find anything in writing to that
effect, so I'm hoping someone else on this list can advise if that's
still the case?

In any case, adding +ds to the package has upset uscan:
```
uscan --download-current-version
uscan warn: uscan warning: In debian/watch no matching refs for
version 1.0.35+ds in watch line
  https://git.code.sf.net/p/csvjdbc/code/ refs/tags/(?:v|csvjdbc-)([\d\.-]+)
```
I think you need to add `dversionmangle=s/\+ds$//,` to the opts in
`debian/watch`.

When updating to compat 12, I'd suggest using the new
debhelper-compat=12 build dependency form [1]

I tend to make a change, use dch to add a line to `debian/changelog`
stage with git and then use debcommit so that changelog entries are
aligned with git commits. I'd also do things like changing the version
in `debian/compat` and the version of debhelper in `debian/control` in
the same commit. This may just be personal taste though.

One thing that worried me about this package (also true of the version
I uploaded) is that the tests throw up an error:
```
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR] org.relique.jdbc.csv.TestCsvDriver.testTimestampFormatGermany(org.relique.jdbc.csv.TestCsvDriver)
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestCsvDriver.testTimestampFormatGermany:3869 » NullPointer
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestCsvDriver.testTimestampFormatGermany:3869 » NullPointer
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] Tests run: 828, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 1
[INFO]
[ERROR] There are test failures.
```
This doesn't seem to stop the package building, but I was unable to
get to the bottom of it (I'm not much of a Java programmer).

As you probably know, the source for the package is maintained here at
[2] so you should add your commits and tags to master, upstream and
pristine-tar there before uploading.

I hope that helps?

Christopher

[1] https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/debhelper-compat-12-is-now-released/