Re: Update of jmeter

On 16/08/2018 21:39, Onkar Shinde wrote:

> Is there anyone working on updating jmeter to latest version?I am
> trying to return to the packaging world after almost 8 years so my
> skills are rusty.
> If no one is working on this then I can give it a try.

Hi Onkar, and welcome back! I did start looking into the jmeter upgrade
last month, this led me to upload libbsf-java/2.4.0-6 (the jar was
missing a class used during the jmeter build) and the new
libcommons-jexl3-java package, but I didn't go much further. JMeter 3.3
requires new libraries (jodd, caffeine-cache, brotli, ph-css and maybe
more) and I don't really have the time to do that now, my priority being
the transition to Java 11. I'd be more than happy to hand off the update
to you. I've pushed my pending changes to Salsa [1] if you want to start
from there. I also have the jodd package almost ready to be uploaded.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ebourg/jakarta-jmeter