Re: Review of fairsim, libjtransforms-java and libjlargearray-java

Le 2/10/2017 à 01:21, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> I also suggest to remove the --has-package-version flag from the *.poms
> files. There was a recent change in maven-debian-helper that
> automatically adds a versioned dependency to reverse-dependencies if one
> of their build-dependencies uses this flag. In my opinion in most cases
> this is too strict and not what you probably wanted.

Regarding the --has-package-version flag, my recommendation is to keep
it unless the version of the package doesn't match the version of the
pom. The versioned dependency added by maven-debian-helper is good for
ensuring consistent transitions to testing automatically (that is, if
libfoo-java requires libbar-java 2.0 but is ready before libbar-java for
a transition to testing, the versioned dependency holds libfoo-java in
unstable until libbar-java is ready to transition as well.).

Emmanuel Bourg