Re: Stretch Roadmap

On 04/24/2015 06:19 AM, Miguel Landaeta wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 01:36:05PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>>
>> my personal goals for Stretch are:

Good idea to start discussing things now.
These are a bit off the top of my head, but here goes...

* try to sort out multiarch with respect to -jni packages

Currently we're not consistent about what gets installed where.  I
think this will take the form of a Java policy recommendation + a
lintian check.

* look at jar-wrappers and determine whether it's even needed with jexec
* keep java-wrappers up to date and in sync with java-common
* get gluegen2 updated to 2.3.x; update jogl2 as well if needed
* countless other package updates to keep us current

And more generally (not related to Stretch):

* improve/create wiki documentation for team packaging and processes
* recruit even more great contributors and developers to the team

Cheers,
tony

P.S.  Jessie will be released Really Soon Now.  I'd like to take a
moment to reflect upon all of the team effort that went into making this
happen and say "Thanks!"