Re: Packaging JSPWiki (Re: [Recalled] RFS: libservlet2.4-java (supersedes libservlet2.3-java))

On 2010-07-22 18:52, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>> [...]
>
> I deployed jspwiki at work for our team's internal use. So I am still
> exploring it.

Hey,

Good to hear, I have no practical experience with this package. :)

I noticed that jspwiki is moving to Apache and that 2.8.4 is tagged on
their (new) SVN, so I have upgraded that on the git.

> What I found out that jrcs used to be a component of Apache Commons
> project. But it is now moved to codehaus. [1] But looking at the
> project on codehaus [2] it is clear that the project is not being
> maintained at all.
>
> Looking at some pages on jspwiki wiki it seems that jrcs is not being
> used now and the old rcs mechanism is deprecated. [3] The wiki also
> states that java's internal diff routines are being used now. So it
> should be possible to get read of jrcs. I will check at work tomorrow
> to see what page versioning mechanism is used by default.
>

> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/dormant/jrcs/trunk/STATUS.html
> [2] http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/jrcs
> [3] http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/RCSFileProvider

JSPWiki has a funny way of deprecating things -> removal of jrcs means
that we have to discard src/com/ecyrd/jspwiki/filters/SpamFilter.java
(or heavily patch it).
  On the git I have decided to build without it for now, but I think we
should re-enable it before uploading because the SpamFilter appears to
be responsible for validating users or at least rejecting some of them[1].

Since upstream also uses tests/lib as classpath it turns out that we
need net.sourceforge.stripes.util, which appears to be some Base64
encoding/decoding stuff. That or disable the "Exporter". For now the
build fails due to this issue.

Here is a list of things we build without plus why/what we need to
enable it:

com/ecyrd/jspwiki/rpc/atom:
  Needs org.intabulas.sandle

org/apache/commons/jrcs,
com/ecyrd/jspwiki/diff/ContextualDiffProvider.java
com/ecyrd/jspwiki/diff/TraditionalDiffProvider.java
com/ecyrd/jspwiki/filters/SpamFilter.java:
  Due to "deprecated" jrcs-diff.

com/ecyrd/jspwiki/xmlrpc:
  org.apache.xmlrpc.AuthenticationFailed cannot be found
  (tried all 3 libmlrpc3-*-java packages)

Note: the removal of the diff providers means that we currently have to
use ExternalDiffProvider (using the diff command); I am not sure it is
set up correctly for that.
  There should be a different diff provider[2] as well, but I am not
sure how to enable it. It looks to me as if it is in the wrong package
for it to be loaded. Admittedly I did not dig too deep into it.

> Cheers,
> Onkar

~Niels

[1] See src/com/ecyrd/jspwiki/auth/UserManager.java

[2] http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/VersioningFileProvider