Liferay packaging for Debian and Ubuntu

Hi,

I'd like to find out if there is some interest in the Debian und Ubuntu
Java communities to package Liferay Portal. Liferay
<http://www.liferay.com> is a portal server implementing the Java
Portlet Specification JSR-286. It can run in a variety of application
servers like Tomcat and JBoss and it provides additional features
compared to other portlet containers.

Please let me know if are interested in developing and maintaining a
package of liferay. It will certainly be a lot of work - probably too
much for just one maintainer. We would start with packaging it for
Debian/contrib (using Tomcat) and Ubuntu would get it through its
regular sync from Debian.

Cheers,
Torsten