Re: Sponsor for jaranalyzer package needed

Hi Eric, Matthew and Manuel,

thanks for your hints and for reviewing the package so quickly!

Manuel, I already made the changes you proposed. All of them were really reasonable. I had to add -regextype ... to get rid of the backslashes in find.. Single quotes alone wouldn't have done the job I think.

Eric wrote:
PS: Any idea where I could publicly upload test packages in the future?
this question is easy to answer :-)
Check http://mentors.debian.net/ and especially the Maintainer Introduction.

The package is now available at [1]

Matthew wrote:
I'll hopefully be able to have a better look in the next couple of days,
but if someone happier with cdbs wants to sponsor it in the mean time
then please go ahead.

Matthew, if you find the time later, it's perfectly ok for me. I am not in a hurry. I understand that you don't want to sponsor a package if you have not been able to assure its quality.

The package is pbuilder- and lintian-clean on my machine so you should hopefully be able to build from source without any changes.

Manuel wrote:
Can it be used to track changes in the method signatures or does it just
analyze inter-jar depenedencies?

No, method signatures are not checked. The tool just analyzes inter-jar dependencies similar to java-propose-classpath within Matthew's javahelper package. I find this very useful for packaging more complicated java applications. The tool generates a very nice clickable HTML-Report with all dependencies and further dependency statistics. See the XML-part of README.Debian for an example on how to get the HTML.

As you are not able to build the package yourself I'll send you the binary package so you might try it if you like.

Bye,

Florian

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jaranalyzer/