Re: maven2 for Debian

On 3/5/07, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
[...]
What we learnt from the past that we dont always manage to do this. We
should cripple Maven so much that people used to it and switching to
Debian can work with it anymore because it behaves different.

Or does not work. I have the same problem with tomcat in the past and
I must admit I don't use the debian tomcat for some time now at work.
I have to teach webapps and I must be sure everything work as it
should.

I also have the same problem with ArgoUML. I can't even update my
package because it's a nightmare to track and build the dependencies,
it's easier for users to download the binaries and libs from Tigris :(

Of course, we don't want to reproduce the same mistakes.

--
Arnaud Vandyck