Re: free ant | naming issues

Mark Howard wrote:

1) Does anyone know of any apache ant clone in main. Or, is there any
chance of ant being moved to main in the near future.

I don't know of any Ant clone bu I'm working on moving Ant (and some other Java packages) to main. I'll split ant into ant in main and ant-optional (which builds optional.jar and the docs) in contrib but for this we need to clarify the possible license problems with Kaffe first or get it to work with GIJ.

My proposed package names:
libgtk0.8-java
libgnome0.8-java
libglade0.8-java
libgtk-0.8-java-doc   { includes api docs and
libgnome0.8-java-doc  { example applications

This looks good to me, except that libgtk-0.8-java-doc should be named libgtk0.8-java-doc for consistency.

Greetings,
Stefan Gybas