Re: japanese input problems after upgrade

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:18:58PM -0700, Jesse wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I upgraded to the latest unstable Debian version two nights ago
> corresponding to KDE 3.3. Since that time, I no longer have the
> ability to convert/input kanji in most terminal types and
> applications. It appears that my .xsession, which sets of the
> environment and runs kinput2 is no longer executed but, as the
> variable "allow-user-xsession" is enabled, I'm not sure why this
> should be so. If I manually run kinput2, I can input/convert
> correctly using kterm *only* but still cannot use kanji in firefox,
> Eterm, kiten, and etc. I'm guessing that this is because the Japanese
> environment hasn't been set up properly when KDE boots, but I could
> be wrong of course. Has anyone run into this problem and, if so, does
> anyone know how I might fix it? Thanks very much,

Has it reset your session type to 'kde' instead of 'default'? I think
it did that to me recently. >_<

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.