Re: IBM eSeries xServer 335 can not more installed with Squeeze

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> writes:

> I have the impression, that LSI != LSI, exspecialy  for  my  x335.  They
> show the same LSI Raid-Chip, but on 11 Machines it does not work.
>
> More then 170 other identical ones ARE working.   This is, WHY I am very
> surprised with this problem

I don't know if this is the problem is this case, but one thing to note
about LSI is that they *do* fix firmware issues.  Which means that you
may experience problems like that if the firmware revisions are
different, even if the chips are identical.

Bjørn