Re: ssh problem

randall wrote:
> Bertrand Yvain wrote:
>>>>
>>> but below answers the question, nope.
>> The resource might be set by something else. You can check the actual
>> value like this:
>>
>> # /sbin/sysctl net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc
>>
>> If it's still 0, my guess stays on MTU.

host:~# sysctl net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0

setting ifconfig eth0 mtu 1280
does seem to help and solves the immediate problem, i have a working
connection again. Thanks ;)

not sure what i did to ***** this up, actually no idea what the MTU
actually does apart from what i read on google the last ten minutes.