Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 21:26 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>   25/37700 works out to be 0.066% of spam not being blocked.

Those are impressive spam reduction numbers.... but zero is still
better.

> Does your mail server perform better than allowing 0.066% of spam
> through for a comparable level of traffic?

Yes.  I run a system with 1200+ users, that has been online for 7+
years, and never once has a spam email gotten through to the list
membership.  It is possible to run a public mailinglist that doesn't
pass spam through to the membership.

> I know mine doesn't.  I'd love it if my filters were even half as
> effective as those on the Debian mail servers.

It's not just spam filters that you need.  You need to think through the
complete process from SMTP connect all the way to stat=Sent.  There are
many many levels that have to work together to defeat mailinglist spam.

Looking at the debian-isp May 2007 archives, I see spam from these email
addrs: