Re: Qlogic FC Multipath and engenio

>>>Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> 02/01/06 8:52 am >>>
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the quick answer -

Setup is as follows
 * 1 port on Server HBA connected to a switch
 * port 1 from controller A on D240 connected to switch
 * port 1 from controller B on D240 connected to switch
 * LUN1 (disk) default active over controllerA
 * LUN2 (disk) default active over controllerB

What confuses me is NOT that fact that I see both disks twice, (so
four devices in total)
sdc, sdc, sdd, sde BUT that I can only access two of these - via the
'active'
controller on the storage system.

If I access the 'second path' via the 'other' controller to a disk, I
get io errors...

Is this normal? I was expecting that all controllers offer all disks
equally, and am
a bit confused about this 'default active' setting...

I has hoping to avoid compiling the RDAC driver from engenio as it is
'configured'
for RedHat or Suse, and I now have to go through the Makefile to fix
it - hopefully
this should be pretty easy... Their RDAC driver seems to use 'MPP'
for the failover
- whatever this is.... I guess I will work that out in the next
couple of hours!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Andrew