Re: Debian woody - Invalid operand errors

I too have had problems with quirky BIOS's; generally updating the
BIOS will fix things that never used the word BIOS in the error
messages. This was especially true under 2.2

With 2.6 you will have a much wider range of hardware recognized
and, it appears, better error detection on hardware/BIOS related
issues. When I first started reading this thread, my initial
response was "Memory or BIOS."

Are both these machines the same, Same motherboard, same BIOS
version, same chipset?

Rod